Thursday, November 11, 2021

Gratitude Challenge Day 11 :: Happiness

Happy Friday Eve, as we say at work. Any time we want to give people a special greeting, we preface it with "happy," don't we? Well at least happy birthday, new year, Easter, Thanksgiving, even Veterans Day. Even if it's not a happy occasion necessarily, we still want something about it to be happy. 

I know one occasion where that's always the case.

Day 11. Something happy.

Call me shallow, but the first thing I thought of when I saw today's challenge is that I'm grateful that Hallmark movies always have a happy ending. It might also have been because at the moment, I was in the recliner, setting the DVR for the new Christmas ones this weekend, when I saw this in the movie info:

Somehow both my twin (who also loves Hallmark movies) and I both have our first names in the credits. And both spelled correctly at that. (Don't ask what movie. I was dumb and snapped the picture of our names, not the movie name!) 

But I took it as a sign I better blog about Hallmark movies. (Hey, writer's block isn't discerning with finding motivation.)

But seriously, watching them is just a mindless, pleasant escape. You almost know from the title how it's all going to play out, but you watch anyway. And don't think about stress like big work projects or loved ones on your prayer list.

You just watch. You just relax. And, even if my relaxing is crocheting a gift or organizing a Cricut project at the same time as I'm watching, it brings a calm. I know how it's going to end. I know I'll have a silly smile on my face as the end scene pans out. And I'll be happy.

And I'm grateful for it.

#gratitudemonth

No comments: