Saturday, November 6, 2021

Gratitude Challenge Day 6 :: Animals

My hands are kind of tied here on today's gratitude challenge. I've basically got one choice if I wanna keep living here.

Day 6: A favorite animal.

Based on the look she was giving me above a few minutes ago, I better say I'm super grateful for Sylvester, a member of our family for most of her 17 years. 

I've gotten used to her. Even love her, despite the fact she doesn't reciprocate. And even if Princess Poops-A-Lot just left a little poop pile on my office floor the other morning. I had a victory though – stepped in it first thing in the morning and did not break a toe flinging it off like the last time. Thank god for socks! (I wonder if that'll be a different day in this gratitude challenge.)

Not that she'd feel guilty for a moment beyond my "That's naughty!" comment to her. And she'd probably ignore that anyway. Definitely a cat thing. 

But at least I have someone to talk to when I'm home alone and hubby is golfing or coaching or out walking. Since today was a suddenly gorgeous day at 60 degrees, he went golfing and is still golfing at 9:20 p.m. – maybe they set the clocks back an hour already – and I enjoyed just a little bit of the nice weather after a photo assignment. So the lonely girl was happy to see me when I got home.

And then proceeded to ignore me.

I bet deep down she's grateful for us, too. Sort of like a queen is thankful for her loyal subjects.

#gratitudemonth

No comments: