Monday, June 28, 2010

Birthday Wishes

I made a cake to bring into work today for my birthday treat. I did not put any candles on it. Not that I was worried about setting off the fire alarm or anything. I just didn't need to make any wishes. As the day went on, I was given more wishes than I know what to do with. And that is what makes a happy birthday.

Jim and Carter gave me a gift before we left for work this morning. I got a cool smoothie maker! So now we all can get our daily serving of fruit and I can get my daily serving of ice cream! What could be better?!

Had a strange day at work. The Internet was down so I wasn't nearly as productive as I needed to be ... but had plenty of time to visit with birthday "guests" at my desk. So that was cool. Over lunch, I got in a 3-mile run just to ensure I could have my cake and eat it, too.

After work, we picked up Carter from Kidz Camp and headed to Stevens Point. First stop was a sports store I was hoping carried the kind of pedometer I need to replace the one I lost. No such luck. I'll have to order it online and wait for it.

Second stop was Mitchell's Hilltop Pub, which has awesome Brew City Fries and, well, awesome anything you order! I enjoyed my chicken cordon bleu while hubby had a teriyaki chicken sandwich and Carter had half of his half-rack of ribs (of course). No room for dessert.

Got home and my in-laws were here. Had some cake left from work so I served them up some cake and ice cream. I was still too full, though. After they left, the neighbors girls came over with their dad -- who was wielding a chainsaw to take care of our tree that fell Saturday night. Served the girls cake and ice cream. And I was still too full for some.

Got a few birthday phone calls from some sisters and then my sister-in-law popped over with a gift. She had cake, too. Still too full for some so I'll have to have it tomorrow. I know. It seems like I'm defying the laws of nature by not having ice cream on my birthday!!

Carter really wants a smoothie from the new machine, too, but I don't think I know how to use it yet -- or have the right ingredients. I gotta get to bed soon anyway. Sucks to get old, ya know!

How old, you ask. I saw this on a sign recently and I am going with it: I'm not 40-something. I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!

Of course, I'd be the first to tell you that I've needed plenty of special handling in my lifetime!

No comments: