Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wild Things

We couldn't dream of being contestants on the reality show So You Think You Can Dance, but when my family gets together. And there's a party. And there's music. Then yes, we think we can dance.

And do.

The entertaining part of the wedding reception/dance at my sister's place last night was when the old song "Your Momma Don't Dance and Your Daddy Don't Rock 'n' Roll" came on. My dad set his cane aside and he and Mom joined 6 of their kids on the dance floor!

That was cool. Dad didn't last long but they wanted to prove that our momma does, in fact, dance and our daddy does rock 'n' roll. Hey, I never said my family was normal. We just like to have an old-fashioned good time! And we did -- even though I found myself dancing to a tractor song. (International Harvester! Yes, now I'm a redneck.)

It was nice to see my brother and 4 of my sisters. Stayed up dancing late and slept in a bit at my sister Romey's, then hit the road back to Rapids by noon. I wasn't in a huge rush because Carter's tournament team did not, unfortunately, make it to the championship round today. So I had a little extra time.

Of course that means I toured Romey's gardens looking for photo ops this morning...

She has plenty of Day Lilies looking beautiful.

I often have a morning Dew (Diet Dew, that is), but this morning dew looked pretty darn cool, hanging around on some leaves.

I know. Cool, eh?

This might be rated R or would pollenation just be PG? I'll have to look that one up.

When you're out in the country, we wake up when the cock crows (or when a nephew doesn't shut his alarm off!). Oh well, the rooster and hens worked together to provide us a tasty breakfast anyway!

And they are kind of neat looking. Though, I'll stick to my snooze. It doesn't talk (or "bawk") back!

No comments: