Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dad's Day

You know, I talk a good game but I certainly didn't deliver the kind of Father's Day hubby deserved.

I didn't make a great breakfast like he made me. In fact, he had to heat up some leftover brat or burger for lunch. Lord knows we don't eat enough "ball park" food around here the way it is.

I did not get around to mowing. Because after that delicious leftovers lunch, we went over to his parents' house to deliver a card and gift for Jim's dad. Then went to the softball championship game to cheer on Madison, our next-door neighbor who is Carter's age. The Rapids girls won the tournament and I took some good pictures for Madison's mom, too.

Afterwords, trying to make good on making it Dad's Day, I suggested we go out to eat at Anchor Bay on the Wisconsin River. Great idea, Robyn. But you forgot your purse at home so how did you expect to pay for dinner with 3 singles in your pocket?! So poor DAD had to buy his own supper (and ours, too). Can't win.

We did get home to watch the end of the U.S. Open at least. Though it really would have been a nice day to go golfing ourselves. Why didn't I think of that?

Maybe next year.

The good news is our anniversary is 10 days away and his birthday is 12 days away, so I've got time to make it up to him. And if I find that one gift I hid, that's just a bonus.

Happy Father's Day, hon! You deserve a great day every day!

No comments: