Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Here Comes the Rain Again...

I was surprised to look at the calendar today and see that June is half over already. It seems like it's been raining for weeks so I keep forgetting we're in the first month of summer!

Of course, it's also easy to forget when hockey action just wrapped up last week and the NBA finals are still going on -- which I know plenty about. In fact, the guys are watching right now, hoping the Celtics wrap it up on the road.

Good thing those are indoor venues. My poor nephew Colin has had so many "rain checks" for auto racing. It's crazy. And Carter once again had baseball practice canceled due to rain tonight. And it's just plain chilly out!

So I trespassed into Wii-ville and played some Wii Sports Resort. I had to have Jim show me how the heck to do everything. This particular game uses a special motion-type remote that means if I hold it crooked and "swing," then my golf ball or Frisbee or bowling ball is going off in a crazy direction. It was still fun, though!

After that, Daddy and Carter took a little batting practice. (For real.) The rain had lightened to a fine mist, so they were OK for the batting part but it was still quite annoying as glasses wearers!

Now they're inside where it's warm and dry, watching the Celtics-Lakers game. I might just join them. I already got a good run in over lunch. I did two loads of laundry and made Rice Krispy bars. I might as well turn my blanket on and go relax.

And wonder when summer will get here...

No comments: