Sunday, June 27, 2010

I Feel Good!

The antibiotics have apparently kicked in and kicked this bronchitis. Yay! I actually slept through the night without any major coughing fits. In fact, I slept so hard the first few hours, I missed a major light storm that briefly knocked out our electricity (and a tree down in our back yard!) and left 2 inches of rain.

Yup, definitely feeling better!

The rain clouds threatened to hang around today but didn't give us more than a few drops. Mostly, it was warm and sunny -- a perfect day to wrap up our Cranberry Blossom Fest in Wisconsin Rapids.

Since we had baseball, we didn't get to partake in any of the activities until today's parade. We all went to church and then headed over to a friend's house along the parade route. It's a yearly event to gather there and tip back a few cold beverages of one's choosing and catch lots of candy. The beauty of being at the beginning of the parade is that they are never out of candy (or any of the other goodies they toss out).

It's also great to see friends I don't see often enough. It was a nice time. (And Carter caught plenty of candy for my candy dish at work!)

When we left, we saw that Carter's babysitters (well, former sitters now) were at their son's house a block away so we crashed that party, too! Visited with them for a few minutes and, honestly, it seems like we haven't seen them in months! A busy month of June can do that.

Got home and baked a cake to take to work tomorrow for my birthday treat. Remembered I had 2 movie passes that have to get used by June 30 so Carter and I went to see Toy Story 3.

OK, I'm not going to spoil the story line. Just saying if you saw the first 2 especially, you must see this one. Kudos to Pixar for wrapping up the series with an awesome, awesome finish. Yes, I wept openly and I think Carter did a little, too. But he won't admit it!

Now it's off to bed early again. I just want to rest and get this bronchitis completely out of my system! Don't want to feel "old" tomorrow for any reason!

No comments: