Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tour Guides

My sister Romey drove my parents down to Rapids today so they could be here for Carter's 6th-grade "graduation ceremony" tomorrow. It was a surprise. And for once, it worked on the inquisitive Carter! He was suitably surprised and pleased to see who's here!

After work, we met up with them at a hotel in town and then took them to The Lure Bar & Grill on Lake Petenwell. It's a little bit of a hike south, but it is always a pretty place to take visitors in the summer. Jim gets to play tour guide and explain the man-made lakes and dams in the area while I snap photos and Carter makes sure they are serving BBQ ribs for the night. We succeeded on all accounts.

My dad seems to be doing a little better than when I was up there a week ago. We did our best not to tire him out. Tomorrow, we will meet here at the house around noon or so. (Jim and I will work in the morning.) Then head over to the school for the graduation program.

Due to the long distance between here and Luck, this is the first Carter program of any kind that my parents get to see. So this is very nice of them to come -- and very generous of my sister to drive them. We love to see family and it just doesn't happen often enough!

Hopefully, Mother Nature will cooperate and we can squeeze in some extra fun tomorrow. You know us, we never have an empty calendar on the weekends!

No comments: