Monday, June 21, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays (are the same day)

I'm not going to complain about the rain. It was somewhat sunny -- and hot and humid -- most of the day. The rain hit just as hubby was finishing up some mowing. (Hey, he volunteered and I didn't fight him on it.)

The air is really heavy, though. I can't explain it but you can just hear some old-timer tell ya, "It's not the heat; it's the humidity." Amen, brother. Went for 3-mile run at lunch and that was hard, hard, hard. The air was so thick it added resistance! OK, not really. But it was hard to breathe.

After picking up Carter at Kidz Camp we voted unanimously to stop at King Cone for ice cream on the way home. Those guys can be persuaded when I offer to pay! I tried a new flavor tonight called After Dinner Mint. Yes, of course, I liked it!

And yes, I know you are shaking your head wondering why I would have ice cream when I ran today. That's why I run. So I CAN have ice cream! It's psychotic, I know, but that's me. I need a t-shirt that says "I scream, you scream, I run for ice cream!" or something.

The ice cream did cool us off a bit. Tonight I also gave Jim and Carter haircuts so hopefully that will help, too.

I finally got around to calling my dad to wish him a happy Father's Day. He was plenty spoiled by my siblings yesterday so I don't feel too bad. I had to give up the phone, though, so Carter could call his girl friend (two words, he says) Autumn back. I better go cut him off. The rain may have stopped but I can be a wet blanket where that is concerned!

No comments: