Sunday, June 6, 2010

Just Chillin'

The temps barely got up to 70 today but it was sunny so it felt pretty good. I don't mind the chilly weather when it doesn't have rain or wind accompanying it!

This morning was Carter's last day of Sunday School (ever, I guess) and also our church picnic. We basically had to eat and run so I had no chance to even win back one of my 4 cake walk items. Darn. That's OK, we still have some of Carter's "graduation cake" left.

We had to exit the picnic by 12:10 so we could pick up a baseball teammate at 12:15 so they could be at our house to ride with Coach Austin (assistant coach, that is) to tournament team practice. Made all my deadlines!

While they were gone, I finished watching a movie I rented, Dear John, and was relieved no one was around to watch me bawl over a silly movie. Hey, there's a reason they call them chick flicks! After my mushy stint, I spent a good 45 minutes attaching a water bottle holder to my bike -- which did not come with 2 screws built in for that purpose. This was actually the 2nd holder I bought for this bike, so I'm glad this one worked.

When the guys got home, I was just about to head out for a ride and it started raining. Where did that come from? Cloudy on one side of the house and sunny on the other, so I knew it was short-lived. I took a half hour ride in the sunshine. When I got home, Jim was grilling up some brats and burgers for the week (They have proven to be nice, quick meals.). I decided to chill out on the back deck in the swing and read awhile. That's my kind of Sunday.

I had to run a few errands later and now I come home to find Carter out and about and Jim gone to Menards for something for the batting cage next door. I better log off. The couch is mine and, better yet, so is the remote!

No comments: