Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits

Wish List: A new book came out today that I've been waiting for for 2 years. It's the 16th (plus) in a series by Janet Evanovich. Sizzling Sixteen will continue to follow the story of my favorite character Stephanie Plum who is a lot like me -- she totally sees nothing wrong with eating birthday cake for breakfast! I can't decide if I should go out and buy it or drop major hints for my birthday wish list. I'm thinking that since I just started a different book, I'll just hold out. Hint, hint.

Heat Index: I know we got up to around 90 in temperature but that humidity was at 100++. We were smart and turned the air conditioning on this morning before we left for work. I feel sorry for Carter and Jim, though. It's only "cooled off" to 86 and they are at baseball practice. Probably good it didn't start until 7 p.m.

Twinkies: Speaking of baseball... I finally get to see my Twins on TV since they're playing the Brewers. I almost broke down and got tickets just so I could see them in person this summer. Looks like there's no way we'll get tickets at Target Field unless someone surprises me for my birthday. Hint, hint. (Just kidding! I'm just glad to wear my Twins gear in front of the big crowd here -- kitty and me.)

Choked Up: I've had an annoying cough and sore throat for the past few days. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it since it could be allergies. Lots of people have allergies so I didn't want to come across as a whiny wimp. I even told my dad last night that I was going to be stubborn about this (like him) and skip the doctor. Let it run its course, you know. This morning, though, my throat was killing me so I broke down and called for an appointment. While I was disappointed I wasn't seen by a McDreamy. The visit turned out to be a good thing. Found out I have bronchitis. So I wasn't a whiny wimp after all. Though, I will be if these antibiotics don't work.

Either way, it's a good excuse to curl up on the couch in the A-C and watch my boys! Go Twins!

No comments: