Friday, June 25, 2010

Missteps

I missed a step or 2 today. Quite literally. Nearly 6 months complete in 2010 and today I lost my pedometer! Go figure.

I know where I lost it. But it's a big place. Somewhere at the ball fields up in Marshfield. Sigh...

But I certainly don't have dibs on the worst day of losing things. Our tournament team gets that unfortunate honor.

We had our first game of the weekend tourney tonight at 5. We did not have our typical runs in the first inning so we fell behind quickly. A misstep here or there and before you know it, we're really behind. Just as time was about to expire, our opponent got a 3-run homer which gave them a win due to the 10-run rule. Not nice. 11-1 loss.

We play again tomorrow at 1 and 5:30. I hope the team gets energized and focused. Despite their loss (and my loss) I still feel good about how this weekend is going to go. When we first arrived in Marshfield we heard "We Are The Champions" on the radio. That has to be a good sign right?

But what do I know? Apparently I'd lose my head (or at least a foot) if it wasn't attached...

No comments: