Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Type A Personality

I have found that bronchitis is not as bad as it sounds. I mean I feel pretty good, pretty normal. The only time I feel sick is when I cough. Then I don't feel sick really. I just feel pain and it ain't good. So I try not to cough.

Easier said than done.

It was another terrible night's sleep. It's like my body knows it's night time and I start coughing. Then I lay down and I might as well forget about sleep! It's actually not too bad when I'm sitting up, though, so I went to work today.

It's not that I am a total type A personality. (OK, I am!) I know the place can survive without me. But I did have lots to do and, frankly, I wasn't feeling too bad. I pretty much stayed close to my desk and kept interactions with other humans to a minimum. (I guess if I was contagious I would have already passed it on Monday or Tuesday anyway.)

I also tried to follow the doctor's orders and drink plenty of liquids. That extended to an after-work stop at The Harbor -- a nice bar & grill on the Waupaca Chain of Lakes. I kept my liquids to soda but Carter and Daddy both had beer (Carter's was of the root variety). Had a nice visit with some friends we used to work with, ate some good food, survived a quick rain storm and then got ice cream to go. Can you top that?

Yes, we can.

Good thing we took Carter out to eat because we had something to celebrate. Of course, we didn't know 'til we got home. But report cards came today and we now officially have a 7th-grader in the house. Whoo-hoo! (or boo hoo?) We also have a straight-A student, too! Nice way to finish up grade school, Carter!

I guess we're both type A personalities in our own way.

No comments: