Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Curfew

I'm going to have to start setting a curfew for myself on "school nights" so I don't get home so late and wonder how I'm going to get anything done.

OK, so tonight was just an exceptionally busy evening.

After work, I dropped hubby off at home so I could get Carter from baseball practice at 6.

Then we had to down a quick meal and get to church by 6:30 p.m. During Lent, he does not have confirmation but has to help out at the soup suppers a few times and attend the Wednesday night services. I like that because other years I have not been a loyal Lenten church-goer. It's been nice.

After church, we stopped off at our friends and co-baseball coaches to drop off a few things. Also am learning a thing or two about the Kindle, in case I venture into the electronic reading world someday (or publish an e-book).

Naturally, we couldn't go straight home because I still had essential groceries to get... bread, milk and cat food. Sylvester would not have let me in the house without at least one of those items. Hubby and I wouldn't have had lunch tomorrow if I didn't get the others. So we made it a record-fast trip through Wal-Mart.

Still couldn't go straight home. Had to stop and get lottery set. What if they pulled our numbers tonight and I didn't have tickets?? Better safe and late, than sorry.

Got home about 8:40 and shoved Carter in the shower while I hopped on the computer. I still have some work to do and have been in such a rush tonight, I don't feel like another deadline!

We need to set more personal deadlines like we did with our Christmas lights. Hubby took down the icicle lights tonight while we were gone. It's not like we had them lit or anything. Just didn't have an occasion where it was nice out AND we (or he) had time. Now we hopefully can say goodbye to winter for good.

I guess that means it's almost time to bring up our golf clubs from the basement... but the electric mattress pad stays put! (And thanks, hubby, for turning it on before we got home!)

No comments: