Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Since Carter has both today and Monday off for Easter weekend, Daddy and I decided to take today off, too.

This gave me a chance to stuff goodies into plastic eggs for our family Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow, plus make something for the family potluck and, most importantly, go to Good Friday church services.

In a nutshell, that was our day off, topped off with a fish fry at a local bar and grill. Now that is a good Friday!

Today also is Earth Day. Carter and I had all intentions of a decent can-collecting effort in local ditches. But even though it was for Mother Earth, Mother Nature did not cooperate. Figures. We had rain pretty much all afternoon and evening.

So tonight we are staying inside. The boys are watching the Celtics and I am watching Tangled, a Disney movie that suddenly Carter is too old to watch with me. So going forward, I guess I have to hide out in the basement with my Pixar favorites and just pretend I have a little guy to enjoy them with me!

And if someday again he sits down to watch one of them with me, then that will be a good Friday, too.

No comments: