Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Get it Started!

There have been signs hung around my workplace reminding us that today is National Start! Walking Day. It must be a real holiday. I mean they have a website and everything.

What I found interesting is that there is an exclamation point after the word Start! -- right in the middle of the phrase. I think that's a not-so-subtle message that getting started is the most important thing. It doesn't matter how far you go or how many minutes, just Start! walking... or running... or just moving!

Today was a perfect day to do that, too. The temps were almost 50 so I actually got to run outside at lunchtime and I didn't even need a hat! That's a sure sign Spring is just about here. (I hope.)

I for one am looking forward to more days like today. This inconsistent weather has wreaked havoc on my running schedule. One day it's sleeting like winter then it's raining like spring. I am partial to the sunny like summer days myself. But I prefer the temp right at 50! That'll keep this ol' bag o' bones moving anyway!

The other Start! today was a special moment hubby and I shared. We like to call it our first real sign of "so this is what the teen years are going to be like" frustration. Oh don't worry, I won't give you the play by play. It's tough to type with one hand anyway when I'm squeezing a stress ball with the other.

Perhaps today was also National Start! Saying the Serenity Prayer Hourly Day. I must have missed the poster for that... Wonder if they have a website...

No comments: