Sunday, April 3, 2011

Will the Real Spring Please Stand Up?

I almost feel bad for those people that got to go somewhere warm and sunny for Spring Break. They were jolted back to Wisconsin reality this morning when the robins were competing with thunder for sound awards -- and both were chasing after a bit of hail.

That led to a day of clouds and drizzle and just plain b-r-r-r! It forced us indoors for the day but did not necessarily spur me to have an ultra-productive day or anything.

Carter and I went to early church, then joined Jim (who was back in town) and his sister later at their cousin's for a confirmation party for Jim's god-daughter. Was nice to see some of his side of the family over lunch.

This afternoon, Carter and I priced a few more garage sale items then loaded up the CRV so we can deliver the goods to his former sitter's house tomorrow.

Since that left a few vacant spots in the basement, Carter took it upon himself to rearrange the furniture a bit in the game room down there. Then, I heard the sweet sound of a vacuum cleaner. Yes, it is a very sweet sound when I'm not the one operating it! Do you think Carter is already sucking up (literally) in advance of his birthday? Or has Spring Break truly been that boring for him?

Who cares? He vacuumed!

I found myself on the couch later and darned if it didn't trap me and force me to watch an hour or so of golf. What a wicked couch! (Now I'm dying for the real Spring to arrive so we can get out and play!)

Tonight I started some planning for my next scrapbooking project. Just like I did for Casey, I'll be putting a little book together for Clay's graduation in 2 months. Trust me, that is not a lot of time. Good thing I strive on deadlines.

Now if only Mother Nature could follow a deadline. Uhm, it's supposed to be Spring, lady! Get with the program!

Please.

No comments: