Monday, April 4, 2011

Tough Break

The alarm came so early today for poor Carter, who got into the routine of sleeping until 10 last week during Spring Break. It's really hard to feel sorry for him, isn't it?

I do feel a twinge of guilt when he tells people he did absolutely nothing during break and that he was bored. But what I'd give for a week with nothing to do!

He apparently has next year's Spring Break all planned out already. "Everyone came back tan!" Everyone? And since when have you cared about a tan?

So next year, whether my sister likes it or not, we're heading to Texas and laying by her pool all week! "I'm not even swimming -- just getting tan," he said. (Those who know how much I love the sun know I won't fight him on this!)

With break over, he was supposed to start baseball today. However, they have been unable to fill the middle school coaching position. Any volunteers?? No, hubby can't do it. It's impossible for us to work an hour away and get back into town by mid-afternoon for practices. Someone else is going to have to step up -- and soon. They have a game next Tuesday already.

Jim is already coaching a WRYSA (Rapids youth) baseball team this spring/summer. In fact, he's doing a "draft" for that as we speak. By default, Carter is on his team but we still have to tease Carter that he might not get picked ('cause parents have to pick on their kids once in awhile).

I'm doing my baseball thing tonight, too. My "thing" is just watching my Twins on TV. They are on TV so rarely here in central Wisconsin. I was surprised to see them on Monday Night Baseball already. They are playing the stinkin' Yankees and were scoreless until I started watching!

They've had a rough start to the season. I hope that since Carter's break is over, the Twins will get one tonight!

No comments: