Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Hunting

Hit the road shortly after 9 this morning so we could go Up North for the annual Hedberg Easter Egg Hunt. This year my twin sister hosted at her place east of Grantsburg. Still a 4-hour drive!

We made our first stop before we even got out of town. Had to support the Assumption girls softball team brat fry. The breakfast of champions!

Got to Raylene's in the early afternoon. Since we were the first to arrive, I got to hide my goodies and hers outside. Gradually, more family came. And with them, more plastic eggs and baggies filled with all manner of Easter treats!

By the time it was "go time" I knew where plenty of peanut butter eggs were! But mostly, I took photos (I'll post later) and let Carter do the hunting and grabbing. He always finds way too much candy. I know he'll share with me eventually.

After supper, we had a surprise in store for Carter. I had one of my sisters pick up a Minnesota Twins decorated cake for Carter's upcoming birthday. Since he rarely gets to celebrate it with my side of the family, I thought I'd throw a micro-party as part of the big Easter celebration. He was totally surprised. In fact, when we started singing "Happy Birthday," he was singing along, not realizing we were singing to HIM! You catch a kid a week before their birthday and they are clueless. I thought teens were supposed to be smarter than that! Anyway, he enjoyed the well wishes and gifts.

Made the 4-hour trek home by midnight. Since Easter is only minutes away, hubby is willing to serve up some ice cream for me. If you can believe it, I am too full!

Should've had one or two less peanut butter eggs, I guess!

No comments: