Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hip-Hop

For those of you not living in our house, the latest news -- if you haven't heard -- is that now it is officially LESS than a month until my baby is a teenager!

As you may have guessed, Momma ain't too happy with this news. And in our house, the saying goes, if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

So I did the only logical thing a mother in my condition could do. I kidnapped Carter and forced him to go see a "kid's movie" with me.

Honestly, I really didn't have to twist his arm too much. Hubby left town this afternoon to go to a bachelor party for his friend Scott over in Green Bay. So Carter and I knew we'd have a "free night" and knew the movie HOP was coming out this weekend. So we sort of planned for it -- and Momma sort of crossed her fingers hoping no gang of girls would call and ask him first.

I guess I got lucky.

So after we got our Saturday chores done -- housework and running for me and batting practice for Carter -- we went to the 5 p.m. show. As luck would have it, one of my best friends was there were her "littler" kid so I got to visit briefly with her. That was cool. Almost like a double date.

The movie was a cute Easter story. With enough funny stuff to keep an almost 13-year-old interested. We liked the music, too. Some song came on and Carter leans over and says, "This would be good to run to! We gotta check out the soundtrack." Of course, I was partial to their version of "I Want Candy." (You know me and '80s music!)

And honestly, after seeing all the Easter eggs, chocolate bunnies and jelly beans (even though they are technically Easter Bunny poop), I do want candy.

And I want my little boy to stay little!

1 comment:

Writer Rahn said...

So glad you had a great date with your pre-teen brown-eyed bandit. The good news is a new set of experiences and adventures with your teen son is on the way - and the fantastic relationship all of you share will make all those experiences positive! It's been awesome to watch him grow and you with him - very cool!