Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mother of all Multi-taskers

I'm not sure why it's assumed mothers are innately able to handle a half-dozen schedules and/or tasks at any given moment. But somehow we keep living up to the stereotype -- no matter how stressful it becomes.

There was a moment today I was multi-tasking to the limit. But for once, it was completely enjoyable.

I was trying to do work, of course, but also keep an eye on how the first round of The Masters was progressing... plus keep tabs on the Twins' rain-delay game against the darn Yankees... plus watch the baby eagles.

Oh yes, if you want something as addictive as Angry Birds, check out these non-angry birds in this non-video game. It's just video of a Daddy and Momma Eagle in Decorah, Iowa, taking care of their 2 newborns with another one on the way. I got to see the Daddy deliver some fish today for lunch. That was cool. Lots of teachers are incorporating this into their classrooms, too. Neat stuff. Check it out: http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

So that can be a time-waster, educational as it is. But I somehow managed to keep tabs on all those important events today without getting stressed out.

Then came Round 2.

Pick up Carter waiting at the library after baseball practice... Then get to the school to drop something off by 6... Then stop to pick up a wedding card and gift bag and nylons and that fun stuff I could have gotten on the weekend... Then get laundry going while packing... But do my nails, too, and not touch anything while the polish dries... make sure the phones are charged and the camera batteries, too... and make sure Carter has everything he needs packed for his weekend at the sitter's.

But since I couldn't handle ALL of that and remember soon enough that we're out of milk, someone had to run back to the store. Thankfully, my darling hubby, recognizing my mother of all multi-tasking meltdowns in progress, volunteered to do that.

Whew.

Thank God it's almost Friday!

No comments: