Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mother Nature

Attention Readers: Due to my lack of sleep and subsequent brain naps, we have a guest blogger today! Actually, Carter told me what to blog about and I said, "Why don't you just write the blog?" So here are a few words from Carter on Mother Nature...

I spent the weekend at my former baby-sitters' house. They host a 3-day garage sale every year, so I stayed there while my parents were partying in Green Bay for a wedding. They had fun but guess what... I'm the blogger today!

The weekend started with sales and I got to help with some work on raking and digging and stuff like that. But the best part was riding their go-cart in their backyard. I really spun the dirt!

I bought two things: a mini-speaker for my Ipod and an old Nintendo Entertainment System(NES) game, Super Mario Bros. 3. On Amazon.com, it's $300 for a new one but around $100 for mine. Now I just have to figure out how to register the game on there and make some money!

The Mother Nature part of my weekend started today because I learned that I could get 45 cents per pound of aluminum cans. So I started a new garbage can for that at home and when it gets full, I'm takin' it in!

I shared my discovery with my parents and got the idea to take a walk and have a plastic bag to put the cans in. My mom and I collected 14 cans, not a bad start but it's disgusting of how much garbage is out there! To be honest, everybody litters a thing here and there. Some people though... they do it on a daily basis. It's bad for our earth so DON'T LITTER!!!

The second part of the Mother Nature day was tonight during this ICKY weather. There were 4 warnings: tornado, thunderstorms, flood, and golf-ball sized hail! The sky is almost Packer green. I CAN'T STAND THIS WEATHER ANYMORE!!! But luckily all the warnings for Wisconsin Rapids have gone away and a tornado just missed South of us in Juneau County. Thanks, Mother Nature!

To conclude this blog, bless that Mother Nature watches over our baseball team at our first practice outdoors tomorrow! Our team didn't have a coach until Friday, and with our first game on Tuesday, I don't know what we're going to do! Just hope for good weather and see you next time on "Guest Blogger"!

P.S. No matter how you think this blog is, my mom thinks it's perfect... of course!

1 comment:

desi said...

Nice job, Carter! I look forward to your next guest appearance.c