Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Gleekin' Out

My fellow Glee fans (a.k.a. Gleeks) will appreciate why I started counting down to tonight the minute I got up this morning.

My plans were to meet a girlfriend and her sister in town, then head up to Stevens Point for the Glee 3-D Concert Movie. If you were a Gleek, you'd be excited, too.

I actually didn't give it a ton of thought today but was looking forward to it as soon as I got out of work. I wisely kept my expectations in check. I had heard some poor reviews from some uneducated movie reviewer types who obviously wouldn't know a Puck from a Kurt. So I took those reports in stride and decided to just enjoy it.

And we did!

Apparently, others must have took the movie reviews to heart because the 3 of us had the theater to ourselves! I'm not kidding. Do we have a shortage of Gleeks in central Wisconsin??

Of course, they really made us feel the geek part of Gleek making us wear 3-D glasses. But they are quite stylish, in a Roy Orbison kind of way. Honestly, the movie did not need to be in 3-D, but it made for a few interesting moments.

I won't spoil it for the few of you interested, but I will say this, when it was done, I turned to my friend Jenny and said, "Wait a minute. I could watch another hour of this!"

Yup, I figured I would like it but didn't think I'd love it! If you love Glee, you will, too. If you don't, it's just another happy place in my heart I guess I can't share with you.

But I want to! So get your Gleek on and join the cool kids.

No comments: