Thursday, August 18, 2011

We're In Luck

We're in Luck. And I mean that quite literally.

We decided that rather than hitting the road at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow to get to my uncle's funeral, we'd come up here tonight after work and keep our fingers crossed we'd get a hotel room in Luck.

I say that kind of jokingly because really, how many people would need a hotel room in little Luck, Wis., on a weeknight? Apparently quite a few because we got the last room at the Luck Country Inn! And yes, the 3 of us are in the Honeymoon Suite! That's how we roll, I guess.

We could have gotten here sooner but we took a nice detour through Eau Claire, which included dinner at Milwaukee Burger Co. with my oldest stepson Casey. He stayed up there this summer and is about to start his junior year at UW-EC. He has a part-time job at a pizza place but he's still a "starving college student" in need of a free meal now and then.

So that was a nice bonus to a trip that otherwise does not have a happy ending.

I am looking forward to seeing lots of family tomorrow but the reason is unfortunate. I'm just glad we could all get the day off so we can give hugs where they are needed.

And get some, too.

No comments: