Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lif'e's a Picnic

If you looked in the dictionary under "Perfect Summer Day," you'd probably find August 20, 2011, listed. Or perhaps some photos like I'm sharing today.

It was mid-70s and mostly sunny and just perfectly pleasant! One of those days it was not too hot to go outside, but just nice enough you felt guilty being inside and not enjoying it!

After the late races last night, we all slept in. Then hubby went for a walk and I put Carter through the paces of Momma Boot Camp another day. Well, he's sort of had a day or two off. We just went for a 2-mile walk/run again and he did better this time.

I had plans to just relax in the sun but those darn weeds and errant shrubs in the front yard were calling my name.... as they have all summer and I've just ignored them. Today, since it wasn't so hot and humid, I really didn't have an excuse not to pay them some attention. So I got some sun and some work accomplished.

Hubby suggested we go on a picnic supper at Lake Wazeecha. This is the lake that has a mostly paved path around it -- for walking, running and biking -- and a ton of picnic areas off the path. So we called in a pizza order, picked up a pizza and had a nice supper on the lakeshore.

Of course I had my camera! Jim tested the waters after we ate and found them a bit chilly, but easy to get used to.
By the way, we all still had our "grubby" clothes on so no, he is not suddenly a Brewers fan. He's still true to the Reds -- just happened to be wearing one of those free t-shirts we got somewhere. (Though there's no shame in being a Brew Crew fan these days!)


I found a neat spot for Carter's senior pictures. Ha. Let's not even start thinking about that!

He enjoyed dipping his toes in, too, and ended up skipping rocks for 20 minutes.

I don't think he set any world records, but he had good form. (For a baseball player!)

Nice sidearm, Carter!

Had to try a nature shot or two. The tree root I was sitting on jutted out towards the water...

And was part of this weird tree that somehow is still standing despite having most of its foundation washed away. Cool to look at. Just glad it wasn't windy today.

Was going to have Carter pose for some pictures but found it was easier to shoot them when he was just talking to us.

And it was cool to see the "background" change after a boat would go by and create waves. "Boy, I could come here all the time," Carter says. Well, yeah, he could have biked there all summer but we always had to twist his arm to do anything related to exercise!

Something tells me we'll all be going back for another picnic soon. And it won't even have to be a perfect summer day. Sipping cappuccinos on a cool fall day will be nice, too.


Just as long as I have my dinner dates with me!

No comments: