Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hall of Fame

This evening they televised the induction into the Football Hall of Fame. I don't care what team those guys played for or whether I cheered for or against them, they obviously are stellar athletes with long lists of accomplishments in their wake.

Wouldn't it be cool if we had a Hall of Fame for moms and dads? With all the blood, guts and glory we go through, we'd pretty much earn our spot on a daily basis!

Just today, I saved my child's life... well, I rescued him... well, actually I got him to the doctor so he could officially be diagnosed with Pink Eye. Then got to the pharmacy to get his antibiotic drops so we can get this cleared up as soon as possible.

Then being of sound mind and body -- well body anyway -- I rescued my slightly injured hubby, letting him nurse his very sore back as much as possible while I mowed the grass. I shouldn't admit how easy it was but dang, that self-propelled lawn mower I got him for Father's Day is awesome! It really did almost mow the lawn by itself. That was not as big a sacrifice as I was going to make it. Plus, I got 2 hours of sun!

In the category of organization and planning, I got Carter's school supply shopping done. I think that was more painful for Carter than his Pink Eye. He really does not want to think about school being only 27 days away! Neither do I. Let's look at it as almost a whole month left of summer!

The only reason I wanted to get the shopping out of the way is because I couldn't turn down the deals like paying pennies for folders, etc. We still ended up investing $60 in this next school year -- this does not include clothes -- so he better get straight A's. Or really good grades anyway.

This evening, Carter and I watched a big classic car cruise held in Rapids each August. Basically, spectators park their lawn chairs along the 21-mile loop and just wave, take pictures and admire the hundreds, yes hundreds, of different cars. It started out nice and sunny but was cloudy and then raining at the end. Not good for those expensive wheels!

Got home and hubby was gone taking a walk to loosen up his back. He called when it started to downpour and this time I really did get to rescue him! He was able to stand under a park shelter to stay somewhat dry but it was really, really coming down when I went to get him.

Now it looks like our hot streak has snapped and we are in for a welcome cool spell. It's still warm enough to have some ice cream, naturally. There's definitely gotta be a Hall of Fame category for that streak.

I'm counting on your vote!

No comments: