Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Holy Buckets :: Part 2

In exactly a month from right now, I'll be checked into my hotel over in the Fox Cities, tucked into bed and hopefully having sweet dreams about waking up to run a half-marathon...

Wow, it's only a month 'til I can cross that off my Bucket List??

Amazingly, for as scary as this whole endeavour sounds, I am not afraid. I feel good about it -- especially after tonight.

We have been busy the past 2 evenings so I told the guys that no matter what, I had to do my weekly long run tonight or I'd fall way off schedule. So we got home by 6 and I hit the pavement by 6:30.

Some 2 hours later, after seeing a total of 9 deer cross the road in front of me and after writing a chapter of my book in my head, I made it home in one piece. After the longest run of my life... 11 miles!

I actually felt good and could have kept on going the full 13, I think. But darkness fell faster than my running pace, so I had to head home.

I realized the one time running really hurts is when you're done and you've been sitting at the computer a few minutes. My fingers still work but I don't know about my legs any more, or my back.

Good thing I have a loving hubby who supports this crazy old lady's goal... and has towels warming in the dryer. I better get to bed so my masseuse can get to work.

It's tough working on that Bucket List, I tell ya.

No comments: