Monday, August 15, 2011

Holy Buckets

My oldest sister, Rayna, just one week shy of her 60th birthday, was able to cross Pike's Peak off her Bucket List today.

Holy buckets!

I don't even know how one gets to the top. I am almost positive they didn't hike it. I'm pretty sure they just drove or took a cable car or maybe a donkey. Who knows? But it's the highest point of land she's been on and she's walking on air. Practically.

I am proud of her and can assure you there is nothing height-related on my Bucket List. Some days I am just happy to make it through the day on my lowly level here. Nothing I could have done today -- and I mean nothing -- could compete with that.

So I'll let her have her moment in the sun... really close to the sun, I might add... and maybe prompt you all to think of your own Bucket List. Heck, if my old sister can do something like this, so can you.

Way to go, Rayna!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just getting around to reading your blog after a week of vacation! Yes, the air at the top of Pikes Peak is pretty thin... they warned us that we may feel nauseated, dizzy, or faint. I just felt shaky and dis-oriented. I know, what else is new? Anyway, I was walking to bathroom and every step felt like I weighed two tons, so I thought I'm going to put this camera around my neck instead of my shoulder. I went through the store and back outside. As we were boarding the tram to leave, I realized that I had my purse, not my camera hanging around my neck in front of me. Boy! did I feel old and stupid. :)