Monday, October 3, 2011

Back on Track... Maybe

After 5 days of sloth and gluttony, I had to get a 4-mile run in tonight. Boy, do I need to get back on track!

With the sun shining and temps in the 70s this week, it shouldn't be all that hard. As long as I stay out of the house.

Why? Well, sitting on my counter right now are leftovers... and I don't mean the crappy kind that Carter refuses to eat. I'm talking about a pound of red licorice, one frosted Halloween cookie, two "slabs" of cashew crunch, 5 chocolate mint cookies and, oh yeah, 1 1/2 pounds of Door County fudge! Not to mention about a dozen or so sugar crisp cookies from a baking spree last week.

So not only does my body and running shoes need to get back on track, but so does my willpower. I have to decide if I should let it go to waste -- or waist. Is taking small bites an option?

I think so. I mean I'm slowly but surely making progress. Heck, I haven't had ice cream for breakfast since, well, yesterday. And today I had oatmeal... for lunch.

Wow, this could take awhile.

No comments: