Saturday, October 8, 2011

Loud and Proud

When I got up this morning, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck... an allergy truck. Would have loved to have rolled over and spent the day in bed but there were too many things on my agenda.

First up: Lettie's River Run in Amherst...
The Desperate Housewives of Blue Jay Drive made a return trip to this annual event, sporting loud socks -- and we were quite proud of them. Got lots of compliments! But I will say they don't necessarily make you run faster. Had a dismal outing compared to my last 5K race. But I blame that on the heat, the wind, the hills and, oh yeah, the fact that I felt like crap.


Had to show a picture of the finish line all lined up with pumpkins. Cute. I hardly noticed when I got done. I was just so glad to be done. I still ended up finishing 7th in my age group. So I'm sure I'll do it again.


Got home at noon and had to shower quick and move onto the next thing: Assumption Homecoming. Game started at 1 p.m. but Carter and the band entertained pre-game so he was there early. The wind was nice for them since those heavy uniforms got awful hot. They did a great halftime show -- loud and proud -- and somehow I was able to keep track of him for photos. I will have to post them later because even though I "say" I am posting this at 11:59 p.m., it is actually 1:20 a.m. Sunday already. Yes, our third and final item on the agenda ran pretty late.


After an Assumption football win over Thorp, brought Carter home, changed clothes, ate and went back to town for Jim's 30th high school reunion.


It was a small crowd but I knew a handful of people so that was nice. Obviously, the class of '81 had a lot of fun because they kept the party going way past the bedtime for the class of '86!


Someday I'll be old enough to handle all the excitement.

No comments: