Tuesday, October 18, 2011

No Glee in Mudville

I was on a strict time budget tonight. This is the first Tuesday evening all "new season" that I was going to be home to watch Glee.

So I went for a run over lunch instead of working out tonight. Didn't want to eat into any Glee time.

I had Carter start the oven so when we got home from work I could put in the chicken pot pies right away.

While those were baking, I had laundry in and was mixing up cookies for a football pizza party tomorrow night.

After supper, I baked up the cookies -- a yummy fly by the seat of my apron recipe with the new White Chocolate Candy Corn M&Ms -- and had those done and laundry by 6:55 p.m.

Jim and Carter were next door. I whip off my apron. Grab the remote. Sit on the rarely empty couch and switch on Glee. What?! Where are you, Glee? What the heck?

I feel like I've been punked. No Glee tonight. Some X-Factor show that is 2 hours long because Simon Cowell rules the world. Or at least Fox.

So as a backup plan -- well, I had planned to do it AFTER Glee anyway -- I called my mom and told her corny, pun-filled jokes that made us both laugh. And then I sampled my tasty cookies. And threw in another load of laundry.

Oh yes, there are worse things going on in people's lives at this moment, but allow me to be selfish a moment. This is MY blog after all. And honestly, I suspect I'm not the only Glee fan who feels this way tonight.

I needed that little slice of silly joy tonight.

Good thing I always have the Peppermint Stick ice cream to fall back on. Other Gleeks might not be so lucky!

No comments: