Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bouncing Baby Boys

We got to see a brand-new baby today. The new grandson of a classmate of hubby's. I was too nervous to hold him, though. He was about 5 1/2 pounds of adorable but still so teeny and fragile.

The new mommy couldn't stop beaming. I told her in a nutshell, the 3 great things about motherhood:

1) Boys rock.
2) There's nothing better in the whole wide world than being a mom.
3) You'll find every age is the "best age."

Don't you moms agree?

I loved when Carter was a newborn and I could just watch him sleep for hours. I loved when he could start scooting around and laugh. I loved when he could start talking. I loved when he could start asking questions. I loved when he could be my helper. I loved when he could do things on his own. I loved when he was a big boy and showing off his school work. I loved when he was old enough to switch to letter grades. I loved when he laughed at our jokes and loved when he could start telling his own. I loved when he decided on his own he would try to play an instrument -- and can! I loved when he tried a new sport for the first time -- t-ball, soccer, then baseball, then basketball and now this year football.

I love that no matter what age, I am still a beaming mom, too!

Tonight we had Carter's end-of-season football equipment return and pizza party. The head coach and his wife put together a video with still images and some video clips accompanied by music. We had to leave early to get Carter to confirmation but we got a copy of the DVD to watch at home.

I'm looking at these once bouncing baby boys now bouncing all over the football field -- running over anyone who got in their way. They suddenly look so old. Like young men now. I am glad we got to watch it in the privacy of our home. Carter would have been embarrassed to see his mom tear up in front of everyone.

But then, I bet I'm not the only proud mother that did! We can never be too proud.

Never.

No comments: