Sunday, October 9, 2011

Homecoming Highlights

Thought I'd share some scenes from the 2011 Assumption homecoming since my boy looks so good in blue!

Pregame festivities started after school on Friday. Above is the burning of the Assumption "A" at the conclusion of the Friday night pep rally.


Here the high school-middle school combined Marching Band assembles to play tunes before Saturday's game against Thorp.

A few snapshots of Carter kickin' some brass (and you can see it was pretty windy yesterday)...







OK, who requested the Village People??

And how did Carter get roped into leading the actions to Y.M.C.A.?

Taking a cue from his instructor Miss Thomas.

I only took one action shot from the game -- which we won, by the way, 10-3. We will be in the playoffs!

Lining up for halftime performance. You can see Carter (2nd row, 2nd from right) is one of the few with a horn half his size... and you can see he's the only one not looking straight on (because he's talking to a girl!).

OK, now he's paying attention!

On the move.

The girls ahead of him and behind him are classmates. Very tall classmates!

Marching and grooving into place as they play a Roy Orbison tune.

Forming an "A" for the school song. I wasn't standing high enough in the bleachers to get a good angle. I was too concerned about trying to zoom in on Carter. (Of course.)

There he is on the right leg of the "A".

I know the wind didn't help their playing, but it sure kept them cool enough in the 80-degree weather.

I may be standing a mile away but I can still zoom in where the son, er sun, catches my eye!


All done! Nice job, everyone! (And thank you, Mother Nature, for a nice sunny day to take decent pictures!)

No comments: