Sunday, October 30, 2011

Not Missing Much

I think I need to grow some roots and stay home more often.

But I can't deny it was good to get away in a secluded cabin and get 20 more pages done in my 2011 scrapbook. Plus, to hear hubby and Carter tell it, I "didn't miss much" of anything here at home.

It's an interesting dynamic when I am gone scrapbooking. I don't really get a chance to miss my guys but that's because they are never far away. Just about every page I am looking at their smiling faces or funny faces or handsome faces in photos. It's just like having them with me.

So I didn't feel too bad last night when I called home at 9 p.m. and said I'd be spending one more night in the wildnerness with 3 fellow scrappers. I did feel a bit guilty when I got home this morning and realized my "Saturday chores" went un-chored. My loving hubby got some laundry done, though, so that was a bonus! I still didn't get around to the rest yet, either.

After lunch, I had to take Carter shoe shopping so he could get basketball shoes and gym shoes. We went to MC Sports in Plover to get the hoops shoes, then circled back to Rapids and got other shoes at ShopKo. We stopped at the video store to rent Thor and then stopped at Wal-Mart for groceries.

Carter is a casual shopper. As in very casual pace! So we were gone 3+ hours, then spent almost 2 hours watching the movie -- so I guess that's 5 hours of quality time together.

Maybe I didn't miss much, but I missed plenty!

No comments: