Saturday, October 22, 2011

No Place Like Home

I realized today this is the first Saturday since Labor Day weekend that I am home with no major events to travel to or participate in. While I loved my two races, my trip to the Dome, my sister weekend and my scrapbooking getaway, it feels really nice just to be home.

My house appreciated it, too. It has been quite neglected. I wasn't sure where to even start but while I was eating breakfast, I heard the kitchen counter yell, "Find me first!" so that's where I started.

Got a little cleaning in, forced Carter to get off the couch and go for a little run with me -- and also took time to snap some pictures of a few pages from my scrapbooking getaway last weekend. I figured I would post these now since I will be out for the evening enjoying the Badger game by the campfire. Yes, it's possible to wheel a large TV down to a fire pit. And a grill, too! Should be fun.

Now for a few other fun memories from earlier this year...

Remember Carter's stint as the Cake Boss?

My nephew Colin's new race car (and new number) debuted in May. Yes, I found a Cricut cartridge that cuts out race cars! And so much more. I ordered it this week so I can't wait to use it. A lot!


Our annual Hedberg family Easter egg hunt always makes for 2 pages of fun!

Found some Twins paper last year on my sister weekend in Minnesota. Always on the lookout for the good stuff!

That same Cricut cartridge that made the race car also has some golf items like the cart and flag I used here. Am gonna love having it!

Speaking of golf... our golf ball-sized hail this spring.

If you ever wonder why I begged Santa for that Cricut last year -- look at my cool jigsaw puzzle letters to go with my Jigsaw Run page! How awesome is that?

And I even found the mountain goat or whatever animal it was on our t-shirts and race bibs for the Point Bock Run!

A simple black-and-white wedding layout for our friends Scott and Sandy's big day. Remember, that's when we went to Lambeau Field for pictures!

And finally, my WICKED page! I had the hardest time matching the green. I thought I did OK, but the camera doesn't lie. Don't worry, I'm not re-doing the page. I still like it.

And still have way more to do... but not today.

No comments: