Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Breaking Even

After a slow start in the win column, our Assumption Middle School football team wrapped up the season today with a win at Wausau Newman -- bringing their record up to an even .500.

We started off the year with 3 straight losses, so to finish at 4-4 really reflects the improvement of the whole team. Remember when we had to twist Carter's arm to go out for football this year? I'm pretty sure that even though he missed that 2-point conversion catch tonight he's still going to want to go out for football next year!

What a difference 8 weeks makes!

I don't think we parents are ready for the season to be over either. Sure, it's a struggle to juggle the schedules sometimes between our work, Carter's practices and games and, oh yeah, homework. But we sure were blessed with pretty decent weather. I think if we had been freezing our butt off, we'd be rejoicing that the season was over. But we had one more nice, shorts-sleeves kind of game this afternoon so it doesn't seem like it's the end.

Our opponents today were on the tall side to say the least. Not bulky, just tall, tall, tall. I see some tough basketball games in our future. (Do I dare say basketball out loud already?)

Carter had decent playing time tonight but Jim has the camera with him down in Atlanta so I tried to shoot some video instead. Got a few snippets of action here and there, but I don't know if I'll find anything worthy of posting. Plus, I don't remember how!

Maybe I can learn in my free time, but right now I gotta gather up the garbage for garbage day tomorrow, get Carter's football clothes washed so he can return his uniforms and, hmm, one other thing. Oh, get EVERYTHING ready for scrap camp this weekend. I haven't been home long enough any night to get organized for that.

What did you say? Oh, good point. Get off the stinkin' computer then!

OK, farewell football season! Thanks, everyone, for playing along!

No comments: