Sunday, October 2, 2011

See Ya, Sisters!

Much like the build up to a big race or a new episode of Glee, our 13th annual sister weekend was met with cheers and excitement... and over before we knew it.

You'd think 4 days (with 2 of those mostly travel) would be enough, but it never is. Had a good time seeing the 6 of them and being our silly sisterly selves!

Had to hit the road by a decent time this morning since everyone had quite a ways west (across the state) to travel. I had my sisters Rayna and Renell riding with me so they could get their car at my place.

I am such a courteous driver. Remember on Thursday when I was kind enough to drive to Lambeau Field to meet the other 4 for lunch before heading to Door County? Well today on the way back, I drove through Green Bay "tailgating central" and right by Lambeau Field again so they could see Packer excitement on game day. I know what you're thinking and no, I am not switching teams. And yes, I really am that loving of a sister!

As a bonus, I even stopped at King Cone so they could see what all the excitement is about. I think they concur that it is the best ice cream around!

Got home and was greeted by hugs from my guys -- and flowers! Awww, they missed me! I missed them, too. It's always nice to get away but even nicer to get home. Spent some time catching up, sitting out on the deck in the sunshine and unpacking.

After all the laundry is done and I have already checked work e-mails, it's like I wasn't even gone. Though I have probably 300 pictures that say otherwise!

I'll get to those eventually. First I need to find someone to snuggle with on the couch!

No comments: