Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Hip Bone's Connected to the Back Bone...

I need to find my birth certificate. I feel like an 80-year-old woman today and I'm wondering if maybe in some parallel life I am one!

A funny (no, not funny) thing happened after blogging last night. I grabbed the ice pack so I could ice my hip. Then as I maneuvered myself in the chair to angle my body just right, my back went out. And when I say it "went out", that's just a non-medical term for "Holy crap, it hurts and I can hardly move."

Nice, huh?

I had figured I could tough out the hip pain for a few days, but I don't mess around with the back. I wasn't sure how I'd make it through the work day today so thank god my chiropractor could get me in at 7:15 a.m.!

He's a magic man. He did get some of the tension off the hip. Somehow. And the back was readjusted but not enough to ease my discomfort. So I will return to Dr. Tom tomorrow morning and Friday morning and hope for more miracles. If that doesn't work, I figure it's the perfect time of year to find a witch doctor.

Seriously, there is never an opportune time for a sports injury -- can I even call it that when I was not even breaking a sweat? I feel bad for my neighbor who is dealing with knee pain right now -- just 10 days from her first half-marathon. And I have a booked schedule myself the next few days between a funeral and visitation, a volleyball sectional (just a spectator in the hard bleachers while Carter plays Pep Band) and a scrapbooking overnighter Friday to Saturday.

I need my back back.

The only good thing is that since the hip bone is connected to the back bone... my back troubles are overriding the hip problem. That pain seems to have lessened considerably since my morning "adjustment."

I'm still shuffling around like an old woman, though. I figure I could be one for Halloween. All I need to make my costume complete is a bag for treats.

Sad.

1 comment:

DePuy Asr Lawsuit said...

In relation to this, be informed that Johnson&Johnson has already implemented the ASR Hip Replacement Recall. The recalled ASR devices have been found to loosen before bones can grow around the hip implant to keep the implant in place. According to medical professionals, bones cannot develop properly due to the movement of the implant and may cause patients to experience limping, pain and trouble walking. Various DePuy ASR lawsuit have been pursued by the victimized patients of the company’s defective hip devices.