Sunday, October 16, 2011

Endurance

I survived another endurance event. While it strains the brain -- the creative side anyway -- it also tests your back, your backside and your legs. Don't let it be said that scrapbooking is for the faint of heart!

I feel completely wasted tonight. Not as in alcohol consumption but as in my body is completely spent.

But just like the half-marathon, it is so worth it in the end.

While I did make it home last night, it was technically this morning, I didn't blog because I needed those precious 5 hours of sleep. Went back up to Point this morning but wrapped up and was home around 3 p.m.

Overall, I didn't complete as many pages as I thought I would -- 35 instead of 45 -- but I got over that disappointment. I took my time, putzed with my Cricut and I am happy with just about all of my pages. I couldn't wait to get home and show the guys. And they "oohed" and "ahhed" appropriately so I didn't feel my time was wasted. (Maybe I'll take a few pictures and post them. Sounds like too much work right now!)

As far as my progress goes, I made it as far as my brother's 50th birthday party in late June so I am almost halfway through my 2011 scrapbook already! That's the part that makes me say, "Yay ME! I was productive after all."

I survived!

Now where's my t-shirt and medal?

No comments: