Friday, July 6, 2012

Fried-Day

Good thing we all had off today. We were all too fried from the past few days to get up and out of bed anything close to "early." 10 a.m.? Yes. Not ashamed to admit it!

This weekend is off for baseball so we knew we had no place we had to go. What we needed was a day to re-charge. As a result, it was more a "we're on vacation so let's relax and do as little as possible" day. We performed magnificently!

For actual productivity, we got some laundry done and ... oh, wow, that's it. Even for fun, it was too hot to do anything. Carter had a friend call to see if he wanted to golf, but he declined. I can't say I blame him after being out in the heat yesterday! Today's high in Rapids officially hit 101 at 3:45 p.m. When I wanted to take a short walk after supper, it was still 99 after 7 p.m. Uff da.

I did do a short one. I took a bottle of water with me and walked a very, very slow mile or so. Just wanted to get some steps. Didn't take much exertion to sweat. Even when I was husking corn on the cob, I looked like I'd just come back from a 3-mile run!

I hear relief is just around the corner.

Of course, after my productive day today, I'm sure I have a few things -- maybe few dozen things -- I should do inside tomorrow anyway.

Guess I better get back on the couch and finish re-charging my batteries then!

No comments: