Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mountain Madness

I've become obsessed with the weather in Ontonagon, Mich., these days. I know that's close to the Porcupine Mountains so I am torturing myself wondering how Carter is handling each and every little thing.

Yes, I miss my baby!

It's so weird not having any contact at all with him. Even a brief call to say he did "nothing" would be better than nothing. But I understand the rules about not letting them bring any electronics with them. That would only distract them from their time with nature, each other and God.

So I'll just pray for his safety and leave the rest up to God.

Of course, seeing that there is a 70 percent chance of rain tonight and a 100 percent chance of heavy thunderstorms tomorrow has me a bit concerned.

Yes, I packed a rain jacket but now I wonder if he'll be warm enough. Funny, when yesterday and today I wondered if he'd be too hot! Did we pack the right stuff? Oh boy. I guess it's all part of the adventure!

As long as the only mother he blames is Mother Nature!

No comments: