Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Rain Dancing with the Stars

We continue to deal with drought conditions and Mother Nature is just sitting there teasing us.

Tonight Carter had a baseball game at the Kellner Field. Since the temps had cooled down to the 80s, I decided to get my steps in a walk over there. It's less than 3 miles, but during that time, very dark clouds came from behind me, hovered over me, then moved on toward the ball park. At any time I expected them to break open and drench me. Didn't happen.

When I got to the game, we could hear some rumbling but saw no lightning.

For a few minutes. Once they spotted it, they had to wait the obligatory 30 minutes to resume play. They didn't have to wait that long. Lightning was seen shortly after and the game was called.

For at least another half hour, it has been thundering and lightning but not a drop, not one, of rain.

I was just chastising Mother Nature for her cruelty... but now I have to bite my tongue. Rain drops are falling. FINALLY. Unfortunately, I see sunny skies in the distance so it won't last long enough.

I still might get a chance to break out my rain dance. It's sort of like the Macarena, isn't it?

I've obviously been doing it wrong so far!

No comments: