Thursday, July 19, 2012

Season Over

For a moment today, it felt like the Summer season was over. Temps dropped down to the 60s and that's kind of where they were all day. Probably low 70s but it was such a dramatic change from the previous 40 days, that it seemed like Fall.

No wonder baseball finally wrapped up.

Yup, Carter had his last league game tonight. I actually took some pictures finally but I am too beat to deal with them. The good news is they went out on a win, 14-10. That high of score means no one was really trying that hard -- to pitch or field. Including our son. They all seemed a bit tired and ready for the season to be over.

After the last pitcher for our team ended up hitting 2 batters, they brought Carter in to pitch with 2 outs. I think he got 3 pitches in before the catcher threw out a guy stealing from first base. So heck, we might as well give that Austin kid the Save, right? Doubt it.

Now that baseball season is over, we can start thinking about football. We still really want to Carter to go out again. I think he's feeling the pressure, though, since this is now High School Football. Yikes. We'll see if he changes his mind.

In the meantime, I'll deal with this monster I created with my free Packer tickets. It's kind of fun having everyone suck up to you... but it's a lot of pressure knowing you can only make 2 more people happy.

I'll see how long I can drag this out...

No comments: