Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Revved Up

The whole village of Iola and our workplace is getting revved up for the car show. And by revved up, I mean some of us are just getting ready for it, preparing for it, not necessarily on the edge of seats excited about it. I can't deny there's no other experience like it, though!

Today was the major setup day for our company, which will be selling books, magazine, subscriptions, etc. to the car enthusiasts. My boss handles all the book tent planning and I coordinate our 3 vending sites on the show grounds. Today was all about heavy lifting, putting signs up and stocking each location with enough inventory to sell and give away.

Thankfully I had a helper.

As it turned out, Carter and his Adventures in Leadership team were holding a brat fry down the road at the IGA. I went over there for lunch to support them and bring Carter back with me!

He can't really say no when he has the opportunity to drive a golf cart around for the afternoon. Honestly, I don't know how I would have gotten everything done without him. He was very helpful and willing to lift, sort, carry, whatever... as long as he was in the driver's seat!

Unfortunately, my back is already killing me and the real fun hasn't even begun yet!

I'm gonna have to pay Carter for his help. Obviously, a trip to King Cone or Shivers would have done the trick. But we couldn't stop today since he had baseball practice right away. I'm sure I'll make it up to him at some point.

After practice, we're all going to watch the girls play softball tonight. I haven't had my daughter fix for awhile and I really need to not be sitting at the computer. I need some pre-stress relaxation time before the show. The next two days I will be vending and likely "cooking" from 7-5.

Yes, you'll be happy to know I will be armed with my camera again to catch the unusual sights. I just can't guarantee I'll get time to upload pictures each night. We'll see how it goes. I doubt anything could top the guy with 3-inch eyebrows flopping in the wind, but I'll try.

I am definitely revved up to do that!

No comments: