Saturday, July 14, 2012

Game Over

Today was my last day working the car show, which wraps up tomorrow.

After I logged off last night and packed, Carter reminded me he sure could use a haircut before the hot weekend. Eye roll and big sigh (from me for a change). Of course, I didn't want him suffering from heat stroke due to long hair today, so I buzzed it and got to bet way later than planned.

Was up by 6 and on the road to Iola, with very dark clouds following me. They did not lead to anything on my shift. Just kept a nice breeze going for awhile.

I was in a different location today, right in the middle of the show grounds, and it was a busy, busy place. Didn't get a lot of photo opportunities and actually got busted once when I was going to take one. The guy looked right at me and posed. Whoops. I waved him on like he was in may way.

The real excitement was the woman who sat on a bench in front of my booth and talked to me for about half an hour. She had tattoos on both her upper arms and had permanent eye liner and eye shadow tattooed on her eyes (which she said was the most painful 5 hours of her life). What did she have to talk about? Oh she went on and on about how women these days are getting too many tattoos. Uhm, ok. That's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Got done working at 1 p.m. and booked it over to Fond du Lac. Carter's first baseball game started at 2 p.m. I showed up in the 3rd inning and we were already losing 13-0. We proceeded to lose 17-0. Yikes.

Went to check into the hotel and shower (the sweaty car show worker did anyway) and then it was back to the ball park for a 6 p.m. game. We kept it close but ended up losing by one stinkin' point, 5-4. So we play at 9 a.m. and go home tomorrow. Tournament season will be done.

I am so exhausted from my car show game, I mean work, that I could just go to bed. Carter is swimming and hubby is socializing. I may join them for a bit, but then I'll have shut 'er down.

Game over.

1 comment:

Misty Sachs said...

I love this! Yes, every 30 minutes wasted is tragic! Lol! Life is too short as it is!!!