Thursday, July 26, 2012

Rain Check

Carter will have to take a rain check on that week of hiking and camping in the Porkies. After all that severe weather up there yesterday, they actually ended up heading back to camp in Wisconsin. Just too much rain (unheard of, right?) for them to continue.

So he spent the night in a dry bed and got to do fun camp things today and will head home tomorrow as planned. I hope this doesn't dampen his enthusiasm (pun intended) for nature activities. I hope he enjoyed some of it anyway.

We got some of that wet stuff today, too. I had to take pictures because I forgot what it looked like!


It was coming down so hard and just smelled so good, I wanted it to last for hours and hours. Instead, it was over in less than 10 minutes. The sun came out, dried up the puddles and this afternoon you'd have no idea it had rained unless you saw it yourself.

We saw it because hubby and I took today and tomorrow off so we were home. We figured with Carter gone, we might do something fun. Just the two of us. Well golf would have been good, but that didn't happen. And the rain wasn't the reason we'll have to take a rain check on that.

Jim woke up with a really sore back -- probably from golfing with his dad and boy #1 yesterday, but it could just be age. Who knows? Anyway, he was stretching and resting it all day so we were not about to go make it worse. So I tried to get some stuff done. First order of business was an hour massage at 8:30. Basically rolled out of bed and went there -- not knowing that Jim's back was hurting worse than mine. I swear.

For fun after that, I cut his hair, did some organizing and put my Annika shrine together. My what?? See...
Got my autographed flag and photo plus the photo of us together in a large frame. Cool, eh? Now I just have to find a place to hang it!

For more fun, I sat on the deck and soaked up some rays while reading, then worked out and went to a picnic with some friends.

Tomorrow, I really better crack the whip (on myself!) and get some things done. Because once my baby comes home, I'll just want to hang out with him... while he ignores me and reacquaints himself with his iPod Touch and the TV. Sigh... I still missed him!

No comments: