Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday, Moan-day

Ugh. Those long hours at the car show -- with its heavy lifting (at times) and sweltering heat -- have finally caught up with me. There was lots of moaning and groaning going on when my alarm went off this morning. And I don't mean in a good way.

It was tough to get this tired old bag o' bones out of bed. I could have slept for hours more. But that's pretty typical for Monday anyway.

Today was a hot one. Again. I'm starting to understand what my sister and brother-in-law in Texas go through in the summer months. Today's official high in Wisconsin Rapids was 99 degrees at 1:45 p.m.

I was pretty much oblivious to the heat sitting buried at my desk in the air-conditioning. It was a busy day trying to catch up on what we didn't get done in the office while working the show Wednesday afternoon and all of Thursday and Friday. I made some headway anyway.

Got home and ran some quick errands so I could just get home and hopefully to bed early.

But not before I give you some baseball highlights from the weekend. C'mon, you didn't think you were off the hook, did you? Don't worry, there weren't really any highlights.

Squinting in the sun while at bat Sunday morning versus La Crosse.
Here Carter smacks a good hard hit... right to the first baseman. Dang.
At least he looked cool.
See? I told you there wasn't much to tell. They played the other 0-2 team Sunday. La Crosse was up 7-2 at one point and we battled back in our final inning to lose only 7-5. This put our season tournament record at 3-12. Oh boy. I hear you saying, "Uff da!" I know.

The boys had fun, though. And hubby didn't mind the break from coaching. I think he found there is some fun to be had outside the dugout -- even if we're losing!

Now Carter just has league games Tuesday and Thursday this week and he's done. He's not bummed about the losses. He's bummed the seasons are all over. He loves baseball. And we're pretty sure football is not in the cards this fall.

Then you'd really hear some moaning on Mondays... and Tuesdays... and Wednesdays...

No comments: