Saturday, July 7, 2012

Refreshing!

Our fever finally broke. Sometime during the night a cold front moved through, pushing that very, very, very warm front east. Hurray!

Hubby and I took advantage of that and started out the day with a walk around nearby Lake Wazeecha. It's just shy of a 4-mile route, which would have been way too long to tackle any other day this week! It felt good to be getting some steps in the fresh air, accompanied by a nice cool breeze.

We didn't have anything on our agenda today. That was refreshing, too! However, I have things on my "To Do" list that I ignored yesterday on my "lazy day."

I have been procrastinating (No! Not me!) downloading photos off of my camera. I'm talking every photo since January 1st. Yes, major procrastination. So today, since the year is half over, I finally did that so I could take advantage of a big coupon expiring at midnight. It took hours and hours. Seriously. First I had to download the 1,300 photos off the camera, then save them to a flash drive, then upload them to the Walgreens website to order prints. That last part takes the longest. I'm having them shipped and let's just say it's going to be a pretty big box.

In between downloads and uploads, I didn't just sit here twiddling my thumbs looking at the computer. Nope, I got out on my deck chair to catch some rays and finish a book that I discovered is too scary to read at night. It's just a murder mystery I picked up at some garage sale for a quarter, but it was a bit scary for me after my month of 50 Shades. So I finished it and immediately started a light, fluffy, nonsense book to get the evil one out of my head. Yes, I have to play these mind games all the time. I'm really fun to live with!

Speaking of that, hubby reminded Carter and me that today in music history... Kris Kristofferson hit No. 1 with his song Why Me?. Carter and I are always giving Dad a reason to break out in that song! Sometimes we might go a whole week without hearing it.

Now that's refreshing!

No comments: