Wednesday, July 18, 2012

As Luck Would Have It...

My luck has been running in strange streaks lately...

You just never know if the rules of 3 will apply.

When our sump pump was malfunctioning last month, there was at least 3 carpet-soaking floods in our basement. We finally do have a new pump, but I've had to throw out a ton of stuff stored in cardboard boxes versus sturdy plastic totes. Sigh...

Yesterday, when I was walking to Carter's game, my MP3 player froze up. I thought, what else it gonna break? It was weird. It had been fully charged and just quit playing in the middle of song. The power was still on but I couldn't shut it off and even when I plugged it back into the charger when we got home, it did nothing. It was frozen "on" for some reason.

I sort of didn't mind. I've had it for something like 8 years and it has served me well. However, I am starting to get jealous of Carter's new, very cool iPod Touch. So if I was forced to replace my player, I would just have to get one of those!

Well darned if it didn't start working again just fine tonight. See, when I wouldn't mind the bad luck, I don't get it. I guess I should be grateful.

I did have some strange luck today, though.

As incentive to work the car show, our company prez said for each shift we worked, we'd get our name in a drawing for some Packer items, including game tickets. Then, the more you worked, the more name tickets you'd get per shift. I signed up for my normal 5 shifts because I am on the "old cars" staff. It certainly had nothing to do with any Packer prizes.But I got my name in the bucket some 40 times, I think. But other people had theirs in a lot, too.

Today was the day there were serving ice cream to the workers then drawing for prizes. I told my boss I wouldn't be there since we had to get Carter to an appointment in Rapids, "but text me if I win something big," I said. He countered, "You wouldn't want to win Packer tickets anyway, would you?" I said, sure, it would make me the sister of the year or daughter of the year or something of the year!

So guess which Viking fan wins Packer tickets? This one!

Actually the 3 people drawn before me got first dibs on the regular season game tickets. I get pre-season ones. So of course I call my sister Renell in central Minnesota, who could wear green and gold every day of the year and probably not wear anything twice. Since she's never been to Lambeau Field for a game, I figured I better ask her first. (No, Jim and Carter were not interested.) Of course, Renell was ecstatic! Who cares if it's just pre-season?!

I found out later this evening that I actually won 4 tickets, not just 2, so now I'll have to do some thinking. I might have to have a "lottery" with the rest of my siblings who aren't smart enough to boast Purple Pride. We'll have to see. I'd be open to bribes until I figure it out. Ha.

We'll see who else's luck is about to change.

No comments: