Friday, December 6, 2013

A Perfect 10

Guess I'm getting smarter with age. Based on the outdoor temperature and somewhat parallel indoor temperature at work, I picked a good day to work at home.

It was about 9 a.m. or so when we climbed into the positive temperature range and hit one degree. It was sunny -- deceivingly so -- and the high only reached a perfect 10 in Rapids today. Now?

We are back at zero and sinking fast. Br-r-r-r-r!

I am relieved there is no precipitation with this, forcing us to stay home and off the roads. We were able to take Carter and one of his buddies with us over to Pittsville to watch the Assumption girls basketball team stomp. And by stomp, I mean winning by some 50 points. I believe the final was 72-20.

Pittsville's team colors are purple and yellow. So while I was careful not to wear my Vikings jacket, I forgot about my socks. Glad that didn't give them any extra (or any) power. I would have felt pretty bad. As it was, it was still a fun game to watch since the extensive lead gave more of Carter's classmates an opportunity to play.

Afterwards, a few of us stopped for beverages and pizza. We didn't stay out too long since we had the "boys" with us and I'm still nursing that sore throat/dry cough business. I took some NyQuil so hopefully I am not coughing all night. And I told the boys they can sleep in as late as they want tomorrow.

Jim asked them: "Do you want me to wake you up by a certain time?"

Carter replies: "I suppose at noon if we are still sleeping."

I like the way he thinks. That will give me more time with my electric mattress pad. And right now, that still doesn't seem like enough.

Br-r-r-r. Just stinkin' b-r-r-r-r-r-r!

No comments: